Monday, January 24, 2011

Black, brown and grey

I'm very proud of yesterday's outfit!! Not because I managed to combine black, brown and grey which I think is a combination that many people avoid....


....but actually because this is my first outfit that includes a pair of trousers since - wait for it... - 1999 maybe??
Yes, that's right - I didn't own a single pair of jeans or any other decent pair of pants (but for the occasional track suit pants for indoors use)for many years!




I believe that women should know and love their body as it is and of course dress accordingly. Being pear-shaped I was sticking to dresses and skirts, which is a very feminine look and it works for most of us, plus I was feeling more comfortable and light in them! But after leaving my 9-5 past behind me, after hitting 30 and moving back to Nafplio (my small hometown), it became pretty obvious that my wardrobe needs to be complemented with clothes that are practical (yet chic...)!


So, this was my first attempt! 


Outfit:

Pants - local flea market (10 euro)
Blouse - Zara
Belt & grey Cardi - Urban Outfitters
Shoes - everyday flats (10 euro) from a flea market
Scarf -gift from my aunt!
Necklace - Asos
Hat - local accessories shop 
Glasses - Just Cavalli


The hat follows the spirit of practicallity in this post - I just had THE worst haircut EVER!! That's another story - I'm not complaining - but you'll be seeing a lot of hats from now on....!

2 comments:

  1. Your attempt seems so stylish to me!!
    Congrats!
    Eleni Q.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Eleni!! I've bought a couple of pants and I'll keep trying!! xxx

    ReplyDelete